26th June 2013, 9.45am to 3pm
The Atrium (Indian Community Centre Association)
99 Hucknall Road, Carrington, Nottingham NG5 1Q
97.5 kemet fm will be broadcasting live from the event
With Jay Parmar and DJ Bertie B
This is a BOOKING ONLY event.
To book your place, email events@brightideasnottingham to request a booking form, or call us on 0115 837 9474.
This year at Hearts and Minds:
- Jawaid Khaliq former undefeated Commonwealth & IBO Welterweight World Champion launches the new programme aimed at South Asian communities for 2013-14
- Join our TV set and meet your hosts, Trish Adudu, journalist & BBC presenter and Christine Belle, presenter for 97.5 kemet fm
- Get the local statistics and plans directly the Director of Public Health, Dr Chris Kenny, NHS Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire
- Discuss language, culture and mental health and well-being with Julie Cassidy Gosling, Advocacy in Action
- Get involved in the Patty Dumplin Show – with glamorous assistant, Nigel Cooke, Chief Executive of One Nottingham
- Learn more about the work of the British Heart Foundation and help us plan for ‘Bagathon Nottingham’
- Find out what Nottingham’s Lord Mayor, Councillor Merlita Bryan is getting up to
- Have a go at Reggaerobics and Bollyrobics with fabulous instructor Carol Burrell
- Watch impressive fitness demonstrations by young people from Jawaid Khaliq’s boxing academy
- Play along with the Hearts and Minds quiz where local people pitch their wits against each other
- Listen to music by Sami Haque, Unique World
- Enjoy your free, tasty, heart friendly lunch and refreshments using the BHF Asian recipes
You will also be able to:
- visit our mini market, raising funds for the BHF
- pick up your free resources and goodies
Speak with the Love Hearts about:
- Free courses
- Local services
- Funding opportunities for groups
Please note this is a community conference and therefore the number of statutory sector places will be limited.
Filming and photography
The event will be filmed by students of Birmingham Ormiston Academy. Photographs will be by Toby Neal Photography.
Stand spaces will be charged at £50 payable before the event. This fee is non-refundable. The full fee will be used to enhance the conference and to make a donation to the British Heart Foundation.
Stand spaces at the mini market have already been allocated but please request a place on the reserve list should more spaces become available. These spaces are £10. The full fee will be donated back to the British Heart Foundation along with a percentage of the profits, agreed separately with stand holders.
You can download the leaflet below: