On Monday 7th February 2011, Champions attended How to talk to your doctor and other health professionals. The course took place at the Amity Project, 702 Mansfield Road, Nottingham.
– avoid asking questions to health professionals?
– leave the appointment feeling confused?
– want to feel more involved in making decisions about your health?
– want to have a say regarding health decisions being made in your local community?
If you answered YES then this is for you!
By the end of the course, you will be able to
– prepare appropriately for your appointment
– state your main rights and responsibilities
– use techniques to communicate more assertively with health professionals
– identify forums and groups that you can participate in.”
What did the Champions think of it?
“I found the ‘How to Talk to your Doctor’ event very helpful.”
“Champions of Change helped me speak to my doctor.”
“Positive, hope, prepared to say how I really feel.”
“More confidence. Going home to write down all the things I am more confident about and discuss this with friends who work in the NHS.”
“More empowered to empower others. Distressed/upset so many people have experienced such disempowering situations.”
“Helped to feel more prepared in the sense of how to speak to GP. Very useful was one communication technique.”
“The course was very helpful to me and a lot more aware of things.”
“I feel more confident and a little empowered”
To find out more information about Champions of Change below: